smartmicro is a specialist in radar and hybrid sensor technology based in Germany. We have been expanding our Traffic Management business over the last 15 years. smartmicro traffic sensors feature the most advanced 4D object tracking technology available on the international market today. Our products include intersection monitoring (stop bar and advance detection), highway traffic management (counting and classification) as well as enforcement applications (speed and red light). smartmicro supplies traffic sensors equipment to a network of distributors as well to our OEM partners.
We are now seeking a Technical Support Representative to help expand our existing Technical Support team in the USA. This position will be based at our technology partner’s facility in Crystal Lake near Chicago, IL. This position entails responding to customer requests for remote technical support, performing quality control testing, customer training via webinar, documentation preparation, and performing troubleshooting procedures. Occasional travel is required to customer sites to perform on-street evaluations and advanced problem-solving activities.
The position will report directly to our Technical Support Group leader in Germany. You will join our existing team of two technical support specialists and work closely with our technology partner in Crystal Lake. You will be employed through our technology partner who will provide company benefits such as healthcare and a secure place of work. Training would be provided on our products and software by smartmicro and our technology partner.
Your activities will include:
- Responding to customer requests for support. This may include our customers from other regions outside of the USA.
- Reporting of all issues and problem tickets through our online ticketing system.
- Performing quality control testing of our hardware and software products.
- Documenting new procedures and assisting in the development of user guides.
- Performing online training in the use and problem solving of our products and software.
Your background should include some or all of the following:
- Prior experience of a technical support role is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in an electrical or engineering capacity or an equivalent certification.
- Knowledge of IP addressing, sub-networking, and equipment configuration using DHCP, static IP and routed networks is highly desirable.
- Competency in the use of Windows and Linux operating systems. Also, MS Office product suite and other off-the-shelf software products/tools.
- Ability to configure such equipment for use with our products and software.
- Knowledge of radar or other sensor detection technology is desirable.
- Knowledge of the traffic industry, intersection control basics, traffic signal cabinets, and their operation would be desirable.
- Ability to travel to local customer locations and occasional trade shows is required. Ability to travel across the USA from time to time would be highly desirable. International travel would be infrequent but the ability to travel to Canada and other countries is a plus.
What we offer
- Exciting projects in a growing market.
- Opportunity to contribute to future Traffic Management Systems.
- Access to the latest technologies and techniques and in-depth training.
- Enjoyable work environment as part of a motivated team.
- Openness to new ideas and changes to improve existing processes.
- Teamwork and no bureaucracy.
Become a part of our innovative company and work together with us to develop our leading technology in the field of radar and hybrid sensors.
Please send us your complete application with certificates exclusively by email at careers(at)smartmicro.de