smartmicro is a specialist in radar and hybrid sensor technology based in Germany. All product is currently designed and manufactured in Germany and exported worldwide to our customers through a network of distributors and partners. We have been rapidly expanding our business into North America that now represents a significant market size and revenue for smartmicro. To further develop our interests and market share, smartmicro seeks a technical support specialist for our customers on the US West Coast preferably Arizona, New Mexico, California, Oregon, Washington. Our warehouse facility is in Orlando, but this position can be made remotely.
smartmicro traffic sensors feature the most advanced 4D object tracking technology available on the international market today. Our products include intersection monitoring (stop bar and advance detection, VRU detection), highway traffic management (counting and classification, incident detection) as well as enforcement applications (speed, red light and mobile speed enforcement). smartmicro supplies complete traffic solutions directly to end customers as well as sensors for OEM integration. With our long experience in the strongly expanding ITS sector, smartmicro is a technology leader and a supplier for smart cities.
- You have to respond to customer requests for support via email, phone, online meeting or in person
- All issues and problems are reported through our online ticketing system
- You perform quality control testing of our hardware/ software products and document new procedures for the development of user guides
- Also, you perform online training in the use and problem solving of our products and software
- You will report directly to our Technical Support Group leader in Germany
- Bachelor’s degree in an electrical or engineering capacity or an equivalent certification
- Prior experience of a technical support role is highly desirable, just like knowledge of IP addressing, sub-networking, and equipment configuration using DHCP, static IP and routed networks
- Competency in the use of Windows and Linux operating systems, MS Office product suite and other off-the-shelf software products/tools
- Ability to configure such equipment for use with our products and software
- Knowledge of radar or other sensor detection technology, intersection control basics, traffic signal cabinets, and their operation would be desirable
- Ability to travel to local customer locations and occasional trade shows is required, travel across the USA from time to time would be highly desirable (international travel is rather infrequent, but may happen)
What you can expect from us:
- Exciting projects in a growing market
- Opportunity to contribute to future Traffic Management Systems
- Access to the latest technologies and techniques and in-depth training
- Enjoyable work environment as part of a motivated team
- Openness to new ideas and changes to improve existing processes
- Teamwork and no bureaucracy
Become a part of our innovative company and work together with us to develop our leading technology in the field of radar and hybrid sensors.
Please send us your complete application documents with certificates and your salary expectation at careers(at)smartmicro.de