We are smartmicro, leading specialist in high performance automotive and traffic radar sensor technology. We design, develop and manufacture high performance radar sensors for autonomous driving and for intelligent traffic infrastructure and smart cities. Our mission is to make roads safer, to enable autonomous driving in all-weather scenarios, to optimize traffic flow for reduced travel times and to enable greener, smarter cities.
Our portfolio of smart sensors ranges from high-end radar sensors over hybrid sensors (radar and camera), multi-sensor fusion to complete smart city systems improving traffic flow and thus reducing pollution.
We’re looking for a leader for our Embedded Software team, who will drive the development of our embedded software technology and contribute to cutting edge solutions for radar systems. You work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders.
You will lead a team of ~30 embedded software developers, working in the following fields:
o Bare metal base software for application teams/BSP development
o Embedded Linux development
o Embedded Linux application and middleware development
o Automated system testing
o Dev Ops
You will grow this team size x2 in the next 2 years – taking this company with us to the next level.
- Report directly to CEO
- Coordinate projects and tasks between Embedded Software department and Applications Software departments
- Understand requirements of the application teams and make sure that practicable solutions are developed
- Form teams, develop and maintain strong teamwork mindset in collaboration with the group leaders and with Applications departments
- Perform continuous quality reviews and strive for effectiveness to achieve the required quality in the defined time with strong customer focus: maintain software development process flexible
- Develop and ensure maintenance of software testing process
- Coach, motivate, manage and give technical guidance to the team members
- Successfully completed studies in the field of (electrical) engineering, computer science or technology
- Deep understanding of embedded hardware and ability to write testable, robust embedded application software
- Social and leadership skills coupled with a high degree of flexibility
- Excellent communication skills, able to take on mentoring roles and organize feedback
- Teamwork mindset
- 5years+ experience in:
o Software technology, development methods, tools
o Embedded Linux
o Continuous integration and continuous delivery
o Software architecture
o Agile development
- Experience in the domain of systems with functional safety requirements
- Fluent German and English language skills (both oral and written)
What you can expect from us:
- Latest technology
- Great working environment and a highly motivated team
- Spacious offices and labs in very modern company buildings
- Further training opportunities, openness for innovation
- Flexible working hours and opportunities for mobile working
- Permanent employment contract
- Fitness training, corporate functions and much more on company expenses
- Free charging of electric and hybrid electric vehicles
Become a part of our innovative company and work together with us to develop our leading technology in the field of radar and hybrid sensors.
Please send us your complete application with certificates exclusively by email at careers(at)smartmicro.de
Either German or English applications are accepted.