smartmicro is a specialist in radar and hybrid sensor technology based in Germany, with a US base in Lake Mary, FL. All products are designed and manufactured in Germany and exported worldwide to our customers through a network of distributors and partners. We have been rapidly expanding our business into North America that now represents a significant market size and revenue for smartmicro. To further develop our US business, smartmicro seeks a technical marketing/support expert for our customers in the US / West Coast.
smartmicro traffic sensors feature the most advanced 4D object tracking technology available on the market today. Our products include intersection monitoring (stop bar and advance detection, VRU detection), highway traffic management (counting and classification, incident detection) as well as enforcement applications (speed, red-light and mobile speed enforcement). smartmicro delivers complete traffic solutions directly to end customers and for OEM integration. With our long experience in the growing ITS sector, smartmicro is a technology leader and a supplier for smart cities.
- As a technical expert, you present our products to customers and provide customer support (remote or on-site)
- You help us in testing our hardware/software products at local / DOT / customer test locations and contribute to set up application notes and user guides
- You provide online/on-site training to our customers for installation and trouble-shooting
- All issues and problems are reported through our online ticketing system
- Your tasks will also include to support marketing activities and trade shows
- You will report directly to our Technical Support Group leader in Germany
- Completed studies in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Prior experience of a technical support role is highly desirable, preferable from the traffic management industry
- You have the ability to configure such equipment for use with our products and software
- Knowledge of radar or other sensor detection technology, intersection control basics, traffic signal cabinets, and their operation would be desirable
- Also, Knowledge of IP addressing, sub-networking, and equipment configuration using DHCP, static IP and routed networks
- You are open to travel to local customer locations and occasional trade shows, travel across the US will be happen from time to time (but international travel is rather infrequent)
What you can expect from us
- Exciting projects in a growing market
- Opportunity to contribute to future Traffic Management Systems
- Access to the latest technologies and techniques and in-depth training
- Enjoyable work environment as part of a motivated team
- Openness to new ideas and changes to improve existing processes
- Teamwork and no bureaucracy
Become a part of our innovative company and work together with us to develop our leading technology in the field of radar and hybrid sensors and systems.
Please send us your complete application with certificates by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form.
Either German or English applications are accepted.