We are smartmicro - a specialist in radar sensor technology based in Germany. We are the market- and technology leader in multi-lane multi-object above ground traffic detection.
Our products include solutions for intersection monitoring (stop bar and advance detection, pedestrian, and bicyclist detection), highway traffic management (counting and classification, incident detection) as well as enforcement applications (speed, red light and mobile speed enforcement). smartmicro supplies complete traffic solutions through distributors to end customers and sensors directly to customers for OEM integration. With our 15-year track record in the strongly expanding ITS sector, smartmicro is a leading supplier for smart cities.
All products are currently designed, developed and manufactured in Germany and exported worldwide to our customers through a network of distributors and partners. We have been rapidly expanding our business into North America. To further develop our interests and market share, smartmicro seeks a seasoned and qualified individual to set up a local operation in the US, located in Orlando, FL. This individual has to manage a team of about 10 specialists who takes care of the local sales, customer support, final assembly, and warehouse facility.
- Under direction from Germany HQ, you set up a new sales/support/final assembly/warehouse location in Orlando, FL
- You will be managing this operation: importing products from Germany, procuring accessories locally, organizing warehouse, planning and executing final assembly steps and managing incoming orders and shipments to customers
- Also, you oversee staffing, accounting, and profitability of the operation
- You support the existing sales and distribution organization of smartmicro sensors in North- and South America
- It is required to work at the office and sometimes travel national/international to occasionally visit distributors, partners and customers
- At least 5 years of work experience in small or medium size company operations management, preferably in the traffic / ITS Industry
- You are self-motivated and have organizational skills in developing and managing an office facility
- You are familiar with local legal requirements of company law and employment
- Experience with radar or any other traffic detection technology is a plus
What you can expect from us:
- Exciting projects in a growing market
- Opportunity to contribute to future Traffic Management Systems
- Access to the latest technologies and techniques and in-depth training
- Enjoyable work environment as part of a motivated team
- Openness to new ideas and changes to improve existing processes
- Teamwork and zero bureaucracy
Become a part of our innovative company and work together with us to develop our leading technology in the field of radar and hybrid sensors.
Please send us your complete application documents with certificates and your salary expectation at careers(at)smartmicro.de