smartmicro is a specialist in radar and hybrid sensor technology based in Germany. We have been working with automotive customers since 1997. Moreover, we very successfully have been expanding our business into the Traffic Management market in the last 15 years. smartmicro traffic sensors feature the most advanced 4D object tracking technology available on the international market today. Our products include intersection monitoring (stop bar and advance detection), road traffic management (counting and classification) as well as enforcement applications (speed and red light). smartmicro supplies complete traffic solutions directly to end customers as well as sensors for OEM integration. With our long experience in the strongly expanding ITS sector, smartmicro is a technology leader and an supplier for smart cities.
We are searching for a Business Development Manager covering mainly the US market as well as potentially, further Canada. In this position, you are responsible for the operative and structural development of our traffic sensor portfolio. You report directly to the VP of Sales Americas.
International travel is required as part of the job
- Create new and improve existing business relationships to distributors and OEMs
- Establish a sustainable contact to DOTs in the US
- Execution of our sales and marketing strategies
- Operative sales activities
- Continuous feedback to the Head of Sales & Marketing
- Preparation of sales- and profit planning according to the guidelines
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical/Civil/Traffic/Transportation Engineering with a strong affinity to sales
- At least 5 years of work experience in Sales for Traffic/ITS Industry
- Experience with Radar or any other Detection Technology is a plus
- You are used to operate independently
- You will need to be a team player
- Ability to develop a market
- Willingness to travel
- Strong skills with CRM software would be of advantage
Become a part of our innovative company and work together with us to develop our leading technology in the field of radar and hybrid sensors.
Please send your resume and your salary expectations to: careers(at)smartmicro.de